After having successfully completed the first edition of the project, we are opening the second edition call for the new generation of participants.
This year we are going to put emphasis on international relations between Europe and Latin America and the Caribbean. The geographical distance of the two continents, but the socio-political similarity? More information on the topic can be read here.
INTERNATIONAL SUMMER SCHOOL OF LATIN AMERICAN STUDIES
Building Bridges: Europe and Latin America
10/07 – 14/07 2018 in Belgrade and Novi Sad
Lecturers: eminent experts in the fields of intercultural philosophy, economics, urban policies, conflict studies, drug trafficking industry, migrations, linguistic diversity in Latin America and the Caribbean and literature, as well as representatives of the non-governmental sector that complement the academic character of the School with their perspectives and activist character.
Working languages: Spanish and English, with the possibility of having one lecture in Portuguese.
Participants: Students and young professionals having different profiles (Hispanic Philology, Latin American Studies, Literature, Art, History, Sociology, Anthropology, Political Science, Law, Economics, Journalism) from 18 to 35 years old who are dedicated to, or interested in, topics regarding Latin America and the Caribbean, and who have an advanced level of Spanish and English (minimum B1).
It will not be necessary to present a language certificate, whereas it is expected that the applicants make an objective evaluation of their knowledge of the mentioned languages, so that they can participate actively in the activities of the Summer School.
- Young people between 18 and 35 years old
- Undergraduate students, Master’s and PhD students and young professionals who belong to the following profiles: Latin American Studies, Hispanic Philology, Literature, Art, History, Sociology, Anthropology, Political Science, Economics, Law, Journalism and other related fields
- Knowledge of Spanish (minimum level B1) and English (minimum level B1)
How to register:
- Fill out the online registration available at the following link.
- Send thecoverletter and the CV written in Serbian, Spanish or English to the following email: email@example.com
* Send the CV and the cover letter written in the same language in which the registration is completed
* Save the CV under NAME_SURNAME_CV
* Save the cover letter under NAME_SURNAME_COVER LETTER
Incomplete Applications and/or submitted after the deadline will not be taken into account.
The call for participants is open from 05/04/2018 to 20/05/2018 at 23: 59h (GMT + 2)
All applicants will be informed about the results on 05/31/2018
Benefits from participating in the International Summer School:
- Five days of intense work, activities and reunions, high-quality conferences, thematic workshops and consultations with eminent experts;
- All participants who successfully complete the School will receive a certificate of participation;
- The possibility of publishing papers in the official publication of the Association ofHispanists,Reflejo magazine, which will be launched as a result of cooperation between young professionals and lecturers;
- Exchange of opinions and ideas for new projects and strengtheningthe contactsbetween young Latin Americanists from Serbia, the region, Europe and the world;
- Expansion of the narrow field of scientific corpus about Latin America and the Caribbean in the region;
- Routes through Belgrade and organized visits to museums, libraries and archives;
- A one-day work excursion to the city of Novi Sad.
The participation fee for all participants is 60,00 EUR (depending on the currency exchange rate of the National Bank of Serbia in the moment of payment). . A further 46 EUR fee is for students using the accommodation and food services (half board) in the organization of the School (in that case the full amount is 120 EUR).The detailed information on the payment of the registration fee will be published when the call for participants is closed and the final selection of the participants is made.
Additional information: firstname.lastname@example.org