INTERNATIONAL SUMMER SCHOOL OF LATIN AMERICAN STUDIES
Latin America and the Caribbean: Why do we need to know more?
29/06 – 03/07 2019 in Belgrade and Novi Sad
Topic: Latin America and the Caribbean: why do we need to know more? offers new perspectives, critical thinking and ideas about what that region can offer to the globalized world and to the Balkans. During five days of the School, we will cover the burning issues regarding migration, rule of law and democracy, epistemology of the South, distribution of power on the world stage, but at the same time we will cover some literary and artistic topics, as well as the topic related to the literary heritage that Latin America and the Caribbean have left in the Balkans.
More information on the topic can be read here.
Lecturers: eminent experts in the fields of political science, economics, ecology, conflict studies, law, migration, art, anthropology, history and literature, as well as representatives of the non-governmental sector that complement the academic character of the School with their perspectives and activist character.
More information on the lecturers can be read here.
Working languages: Spanish and English
- Young people between 18 and 35 years old
- Undergraduate students, Master’s and PhD students and young professionals who belong to the following profiles: Latin American Studies, Hispanic Philology, Literature, Art, History, Sociology, Anthropology, Political Science, Economics, Law, Journalism and other related fields and who are dedicated to, or interested in, topics regarding Latin America and the Caribbean
- Knowledge of Spanish and English. It will not be necessary to present a language certificate, whereas it is expected that the applicants make an objective evaluation of their knowledge of the mentioned languages, so that they can participate actively in the activities of the Summer School. We remind that the interventions can be done in any of the two languages, so it will be enough to have advanced knowledge of at least one of them, enough to communicate with ease, and be able to follow the lectures in the other language, even in a passive way.
How to register:
- Fill out the online registration available at the following link.
- Send the cover letter and the CV written in Serbian, Spanish or English to the following email: email@example.com
* Send the CV and the cover letter written in the same language in which the registration is completed
* Save the CV under NAME_SURNAME_CV
* Save the cover letter under NAME_SURNAME_COVER LETTER
Incomplete Applications and/or submitted after the deadline will not be taken into account.
The call for participants is open from 15/03/2019 to 15/04/2019 at 23:59h (GMT+2)
All applicants will be informed about the results on 25/04/2019.
Benefits from participating in the International Summer School:
- Five days of intense work, activities and reunions, high-quality conferences, thematic workshops and consultations with eminent experts;
- All participants who successfully complete the School will receive a certificate of participation;
- The possibility of publishing papers in the official publication of the Association of Hispanists, Reflejo magazine, which will be launched as a result of cooperation between young professionals and lecturers;
- Exchange of opinions and ideas for new projects and strengthening the contacts between young Latin Americanists from Serbia, the region, Europe and the world;
- Expansion of the narrow field of scientific corpus about Latin America and the Caribbean in the region;
- Lunch provided for all participants during the five days;
- Routes through Belgrade and organized visits to museums, libraries and archives;
- A one-day work excursion to the city of Novi Sad.
The participation fee for all participants is 40,00 EUR (depending on the currency exchange rate of the National Bank of Serbia in the moment of payment). There is a further 90,00EUR fee for students using the accommodation in the organization of the School (in that case the full amount is 130,00EUR). The detailed information on the payment of the registration fee will be published when the call for participants is closed and the final selection of the participants is made.
Additional information: firstname.lastname@example.org